If you are wanting a great tasting, healthy meal that the family will love - try this recipe! It is one of our family favorites but even better it is quick and easy! Total Cost = $22.38 Serves a family of four.
270g Hakubaku Udon Noodles Organic ($3.99)
500g Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs ($10.50)
3 x Carrots ($0.80)
250g x Green Beans ($3.00)
1 x Bunch of Spring Onion ($2.20)
1 x Red Onion ($0.40)
2tbsp Olive Oil (staple ingredient - cost not specified)
3/4 Cup Soy sauce (staple ingredient - cost not specified)
Sprinkle Salt & Pepper (staple ingredient - cost not specified)
100g x Sesame Seeds ($1.49)
Total = $22.38 - Countdown Online Store.
One of my family favorites - the kids absolutely love it and great for left overs the next day!
Cost may vary - costs specified are dated 09.03.2020 from Countdown Online Store NZ - no ingredients listed were on special.
1. Prep vegetables and Meat
Cut ends off Carrots and slice into thin Batons
Cut ends off Beans and cut each Bean in half
Cut Red Onion into quarters
Slice Spring onion into 1 cm segments
Cut up Chicken Thigh into 2 cm pieces
2. Prepare Udon noodles as per instructions on packet
3. Heat up fry pan - add 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
Cook Chicken pieces until browned and cooked through (approx 7 minutes)
Put aside in a bowl
4. Using the same fry pan cook Carrots and Beans, add 1/4 cup of water - cook until semi soft or vegetables are vibrant in color
5. Add Spring Onion and Onion to the fry pan with Carrots and Beans - cook for a further 5 mins
Add salt and pepper to taste
6. Add chicken and the cooked undo noodles to the fry pan - add 3/4 cup of Soy sauce mix well.
7. Plate the Chicken and Vegetables and serve with a sprinkle of Sesame Seeds
Easy, Simple and Delicious Dish